I don't get it. With all the pub that "hate speech" gets, I can't believe what passes for acceptable. Why is it you can pick up a new newspaper or log on to your web news page and be warned not to criticize a certain religious groups or certain offensive behaviors because it is hateful, but flip to the entertainment section of the SAME newspaper and read the headline "Six Reasons to Hate Kate Gosselin".
That's exactly what I read today. Though I shouldn't be suprized by the hypocricy, nonetheless, I find myself bewildered by this blatant double standard. Is there an editor in the house!! Obviously, those who say we shouldn't hate anything, have a few intolerances of their own. But here's what makes this type of double standard so bizzare and dangerous. They are not criticizing an idea or philosohpy out of the desire that people not be hurt. They are malicously targeting one individual person to be the recipient of the animousity of complete strangers. Why? For no other reason than they hate her, so you should hate her too.
I don't know Kate, I never met her, I never even watched the show that made her a houshold name. All I know of her is that which I get a climps of at the grocery check out. Which is precisely why this is so outragous. We know of her, but we don't really know her personally. So why is it so acceptable for a news organization to encourage its readers to "hate" her. I guess it's okay if its in the Entertainment section.
This is the epitomy of the hate speech they so proudly chastise the rest of us for. As Christians we NEED to continue to speak out about how Christ is Truth. Warn about the false doctrines that bring destruction and human misery. What will the world be like if we don't?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment