twitter facebook

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Highly Organized?

Today is the BIG DAY. We are spending every waking minute today packing up the house. I love this stuff. Work that doesn't feel like work cuz you're so excited about the outcome. The fact we are moving out of a rental and into our own home is a blessing that is not lost on us.

This morning we were talking about how to be like those hyper-organized high-output people. Sharing some hints that will be able to apply to moving. Like: Never label anything "miscellanieous". As tempting as it is, the time you thought you would save packing all that unrelated stuff in one container, is totally lost when it comes time to UN-pack the "miscellaneous" box.

Others not so helpful. Like: Foresee and avoid problems. Duh! If I could foresee them, I would definitely avoid them. Another was "Create a Dump Zone". Okay, but what if your entire house has become one ginormous dump zone?

There is one helpful hint to becoming highly organized that will help us sail through this move with smiles on our faces. That is: Make Peace With Imperfection. I can embrace that one. So the house has unpacked boxes a month after we move. It is in our weakness He is made strong. As the next few days and weeks go by, will look back and be amazed at all that God has done in spite of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment