As if I didn't have enough on my list of things to do. Now I am supposed to save the planet. Time Out! Have we really gone so far as to believe that we hold the existence of the entire planet in our hands. Last I checked, that was a God thing. Are we really that arrogant to believe that with nuclear weapons, natural disasters, and diseases like aids and cancer, we are really saving the world by using plastic instead of paper - uh - er, or is it paper instead of plastic. I can't remember!!
Earth Day is this Thursday and supposedly we should all become enlightened on the subject. Since we can no longer use terms like Easter or Good Friday for our holidays, we now celebrate things like "Spring Break" and now "Earth Day". Since we are being asked to celebrate these pagan holidays, let's take a closer look at them. After doing a little reading on the topic of Earth Day, I quickly came across an article with these suggestions for you to take part in "saving the planet". These are actual suggestions from the list.
1. Buy wooden, lead-free paint, biodegradable toys.
2. Go see a movie like "Oceans".
3. Use an energy efficient microwave to heat up your tea or coffee.
4. Go to dinner at a resaurant that has locally grown products.
5. Buy some cool waste bins.
6. Get a book to that will teach you how to "save the planet".
Could they be serious? Go to a movie, out to eat, buy toys, and read a book with your latte. In other words, to save the planet - hang out at the mall more!
Now that you see the irony, I have a suggestion. Instead, go to God's word today and He will show you that the world is a gift to us from Him. Everything in it belongs to Him and He reveals himself through it. Make Earth Day a day of praise and thanksgiving for the world he gave us and so graciously holds together by his hand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment